8 - HYPERTENNIS CUP
8.1 - Entry Lists - NEW!
Entry lists are organized lists; they include all Nations who are subscribed to a specific round of HYPERTENNIS CUP.
Entry lists organization is based on:
- Nation's Davis Rankings on the last week of the previous year (increasing order).
- last date when one of the Nation's fantatennis player made his choice
HYPERTENNIS CUP Admission
To be admitted to the HYPERTENNIS CUP it's necessary that the Nation is in the Davis Rankings; for more details, see Chapter 6.5.
If a fantasy players has submitted his team, at least one time in 2 years in a Hypertennis tournament, can play.
HYPERTENNIS CUP Week
For the HYPERTENNIS CUP Week, it's possible to subscribe to the ATP tournaments in concomitance for all the users not involved in the Nations competition.
8.2 - Captains
It's necessary that every Nation admitted to HYPERTENNIS CUP had a Captain.
Captains are those fantaplayers who have to choice the team to line up (the fantaplayers who will play the HYPERTENNIS CUP round).
If the Nation has already played a Round previously, the Captain in chief has the right to remain the same also for that Round (if he will play).
If not, everyone could be the Captain, with the condition that he could be replaced by another player of the same Nation with a best position in the Single Ranking.
The captain, in turn, can decide to give way his role to another teammate.
Once a Round have finished, the winning team with more points at the moment in the Davis Rankings, can choose city and surface where to play the next Round. In the case of 2 Nations had the same points, it's rewarded the Nation with the player best ranked in the Single Rankings. If the parity remains it's rewarded the Nation with less active fantaplayers and then the Nation with the best result in the prvious edition of the Davis Cup. In cas of further parity, it will be the Webmaster to decide the host Nation.
NB: Only in the case of 2 Nations that have already played each other before, the right to host the Round it's awarded to the Nation that has played away the last time.
8.3 - Team line up
Every member of the Nation that is booked in the Round in point, can line up the Team, but only if it's not already lined up by a teammate best placed in the Single Rankings, or if not already lined up by the Captain, who always has the main power.
In case of missed line up by the end of the inscription closure, the Nation will give forfait; for more details see Chapter 8.5.
If it hasn't been the captain to choose the Team, in the following Round the Captain will be the same that in the previous Round.
The captain can line up only form 2 to 4 fantaplayers: they have to be arranged in the 3 QF matches; line up will remain the same also in SF and Final. In case of forfait by the side of some fantaplayers, they will be replaced in order by the best ranked excluded fantaplayer in the National Rankings, otherwise in order of National Rankings the fantaplayers who have already played a match, but only if the matches won't be the same and the players haven't already played in the same day or they will play in it.
If the captain didn't line up the formation, the nation will have an automatic formation based on the players rankings:
2 Players submitted: QF-S1: 1°, QF-S2: 2°, QF-D: 1°-2°
3 Players submitted: QF-S1: 1°, QF-S2: 2°, QF-D: 1°-3°
4 Players submitted: QF-S1: 1°, QF-S2: 2°, QF-D: 3°-4°
8.4 - Draws - NEW!
HYPERTENNIS CUP draws are split in two Rounds: the Preliminary and the Final.
Not played in 2021.
The 8 best Nations in the 2020 Davis Ranking are qualified to the Final Round.
The draw will be sorted depending on the Entry List.
1° vs 8°
4° vs 5°
3° vs 6°
2° vs 7°
Every team will pass the Rounds with at least 2 matches won. The scores could be: 2-1 or 3-0.
Preliminary Round: not played.
Final Round (01-05 February 2021): they will be played at the same time of the real Quarts, Semifinals and Finals (12 teams available)
During the year they will be one period when it will be possible to change nationality: during this periods it will be possible to access to Exchanges with click on "Trades" link on the Main Menu of the site.
It will be possible to invite someone to change nationality trough the appropriate form.
By click on "Players Changes" link, it will be possible to observe the exchanges of the fantasy players; this will be formalized only at the end of the exchange period.
During the exchange period it will also be possible to change Name and Surname to the fantasy player.
Exchange window: 3rd of January - 24th of January 2021
8.5 - Forfait
If a Nation withdraws:
- In the matches of Preliminary Round, it will be replaced by the next Nation in the Entry List.
- In the matches of Quarterfinals, it will be replaced by a Nation eliminated at Preliminary Round (according to the Davis Rankings calculated before the inscription's open).
- In the matches of Semifinals and Final, the Nation loses 3-0 without playing.
8.6 - Inscription
To be subscribed, every fantaplayer chosen by the captain has to do 36 choices, split as follows:
- 6 Nations for the single of QF: same nation can be choosen only two times.
- 6 Nations for the double of QF: same nation can be choosen only two times.
- 6 Nations for the single of SF: same nation can be choosen only two times.
- 6 Nations for the double of SF: same nation can be choosen only two times.
- 6 Nations for the single of Final: same nation can be choosen only two times.
- 6 Nations for the double of Final: same nation can be choosen only two times.
Same nation cannot be choosen in the same position in the different single or double rounds.
Same nation can be choosen maximum two times in the same round (single + double).
8.7 - Points - NEW!
Every nation, in each day, will have the sum of the 2 singles players, except for Double when will have the doubles points.
Only for 2021, the QF will be played based on the Round Robin matches; for this reason, the points will be based on both rounds played by the choosen Nation.
Each nation chosen will have the points, for each match played, in this way:
-Quarter Finals: 20 bonus points for every match won, plus the games difference; 4 points for every match lost
-Semifinals: 30 bonus points for every match won, plus the games difference; 6 points for every match lost
-Final: 50 bonus points for every match won, plus the games difference; 10 points for every match lost
Example: On Semifinals, Croatia plays with Coric and Cilic. Coric lose the first single match 6-3 4-6 2-6, while Cilic wins the second match 6-4 4-6 6-3.
Croatia points for Semifinals will be:
6 (Match lost from Coric)
30 (Match won from Cilic) + 3 (Games Difference: 6-4=2, 4-6=-2, 6-3=3) = 33
The sum, 6 + 33 = 39
In case of a negative difference games, there's no sum.
8.8 - Matches
HYPERTENNIS CUP Matches are divided in sets. You have to win 2 sets out of 3 to win the match. Points of the sets are achieved from the sum of the results of 3 choices, or from everyone (In the final set).
- Choice 1 + Choice 3 + Choice 5
- Choice 2 + Choice 4 + Choice 6
- 6 Choices Sum
- Choice 1 + Choice 3 + Choice 5 (Player 1) + Choice 2 + Choice 4+ Choice 6 (Player 2))
- Choice 2 + Choice 4 + Choice 6 (Player 1) + Choice 1 + Choice 3 + Choice 5 (Player 2))
- 12 Choices Sum
Set scores will be calculated with proportions of the totals, that will render similar to the score of a tennis match.
- Total Bonus: Total bonus is the sum of the scores achieved in a set in the previous matches.
It's the first circumstance used in case of scores tie. The fantasy player with the best total bonus wins the set.
- Time Bonus: Time bonus is the circumstance in case of total bonus tie (Then the first circumstance used in the first round).
Fantasy Player that choosed the players first wins the set.
0 Points Rules
A fantasy player with 0 points in the set, will lose the set with this scores:
- 6-3: If the opponent makes points with 1 tennis player
- 6-2: If the opponent makes points with 2 tennis players
- 6-1: If the opponent makes points with 3 tennis players
- 6-0: If the opponent makes points with 4 tennis players
- Walkover: The score will be a triple 6-4 for the tennis player or the double team that wins the match.
- Undisputed Set: Like Walkover Case the score will be a 6-4.
- Unfinished Set: There are 3 score cases:
- 7-6: If the retire happens on 6-6.
- 6-4: If the retire happens when games difference betweens players is less than two.
- Undisputed Match: losing score will be given to both the tennis player or the double team.